The University Sustainability Committee’s mission is to organize and articulate sustainable practices and principles in education and research, and in our university operations, with the goal of reducing our impact on the environment as we fulfill our expanding mission as a comprehensive public research university.
The University Committee for Sustainability was established in 2005 to engage the University Community and to advise senior administration on a wide array of sustainability issues. It has been charged with:
- Recommending appropriate policies for sustainability
- Assisting with identifying suitable projects for sustainable initiatives
- Assisting with completing a sustainability audit of the university
- Recommending appropriate goals
- Assisting with preparing an annual report on our achievements